PCC CLEP Policy
Pitt Community College(PCC) awards college credit for individuals who successfully complete approved College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests.
CLEP exams demonstrate knowledge gained through non-traditional environments.
- Only credits from courses approved by PCC will be granted.
- Official CLEP score reports should be sent to Pitt Community College as part of theadmissions application process. "Official" score reports (sent directly from The CollegeBoard to PCC) can be requested by visiting The College Board website atwww.collegeboard.com.
- CLEP Credit may not be counted as part of the class load for financial aid purposes,athletic or extracurricular eligibility.
- While there is no limit to the number of credits that may be earned by passing CLEPexams, students must successfully complete a minimum of 25% of the credit hoursrequired for the degree, diploma, or certificate through PCC (see graduationrequirements in the PCC Catalog).
- Credits for CLEP exams are posted as transfer credits and will be treated as transfercredit in respect to eligibility to be awarded as credit.
- PCC has a list of CLEP exams that it accepts for credit and the score requirement foreach exam. It is the student's responsibility to verify that the exam they take will applyto their program.
- Students are encouraged to talk with their advisor before attempting a CLEP test.
- Students who are transferring to another institution should be familiar with thatinstitution's CLEP policy. Please note that each institution establishes its ownrequirements, minimum scores, and credit awarded.
- Credits initially earned by passing a CLEP exam will be deducted from cumulative creditearned if a student subsequently enrolls in and completes a college-level course that is similar in content to the subject matter covered by the CLEP exam.
- PCC officials reserve to right to revise this policy without notice. Credits awarded forCLEP exams are done so according to the policy in effect at the time of the CLEP transcript evaluation.
- CLEP exams may be repeated no sooner than six months after the date of the last test.
- CLEP tests are administered on campus by appointment only. All appointments and other questions should be directed to Placement Testing (252) 493-7561.