Financial Aid Self Service is here!
PCC Students now have real-time access to their financial aid record via myPittCC. Log into your myPittCC account and click on "FA Status" to view your most current information.
For more information: Financial Aid Self-Service
- Comment Code 399 Policy - Same tax year information used for 2017-18 and 2016-17, however, student information varies. Please read to understand how this may impact your financial aid.
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is temporarily unavailable for those completing the FAFSA. The Department of Education is aware of this and the IRS is working to resolve this. For more information, please click here.
- Child Care Grant Information Sessions are being held. If interested in possibly receiving the grant, please scroll down for times and locations of these sessions.
- Child Care Grant Applications - We are not accepting Child Care Grant applications for 2017 Spring and 2017 Summer semesters. The 2017-18 Child Care Grant applications will be posted on our website beginning July 2017.
- Information about Refund Disbursement Checks. Please review policies regarding your refund. Remember, financial aid will not be disbursed until after the class has begun and attendance confirmed by instructor.
- Scholarship Opportunity!!! 2016-2017 Spring High Demand/Low Enrollment Scholarship now available. Click here for more information.
- Scholarship Opportunity!!! 2017-18 State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) Scholarship available. Click here for more information.
- NEW Information about the NC Community College Grant for the 2016-2017 year.
- Scholarship Opportunity!!! Granville Health System Foundation - Sam Perry Memorial Scholarship 2017.
- Scholarship Opportunity!! Forgivable Education Loans for Services (FELS).
- Need help completing your FAFSA? We are hosting FAFSA Mondays - February 13, February 27, March 13, March 27, Goess Room 178, 5 pm to 7 pm.
Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid:
Financial aid will be processed and complete to students who file a FAFSA AND turn in all paperwork by the following deadlines:
- Summer 2017 Term - March 15, 2017
- Fall 2017 Term - May 15, 2017
- Spring 2018 Term - October 15, 2017
*Please allow 4 weeks for processing after ALL documentation has been submitted.*
We will continue to review and process applications received after the above dates, but we cannot guarantee that aid will be finalized in time to avoid your having to pay out of pocket for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Loan Workshops: (Required for first-time borrowers at Pitt CC)
Loan workshops can be completed online or in person.
First time borrowers at PCC must complete this workshop before their loan request can be processed. Please go to http://www.saltmoney.org and complete the Loan Workshop Please click Resources, Choose Lessons, Click "Own Your Student Loans." Complete the Lesson (It should take 5 to 7 minutes, print the confirmation page. It should say "Nice Work! Congratulations!). It is Step 3 on the 2016-17 Direct Loan Acceptance Form.
Campus WorkshopAll times are 2:00 p.m. Location - C.F. Goess Building, Rm #132 No appointment necessary.
- 2017 Spring Loan Workshops
- February 28, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- April 5, 2017
- April 26, 2017
- May 10, 2017
- May 25, 2017
All students or day cares interested in the child care grant process for the upcoming 2017-2018 academic year are invited to attend one of the information sessions provided on the following dates.
Dates Time and Location
Thursday, March 30th 1:30PM @ CFG Room 132
Wednesday, May 31st 1:30PM @ CFG Room 132
These two sessions will be 45 minutes to an hour. Current child care recipients are also invited to attend.
Schedule a time to meet with the Veterans Affairs Representatives
DEADLINE FOR FILING A SAP APPEAL FOR SUMMER 2017 IS
APRIL 27, 2017 BY 5:00 PM
All students wishing to file an appeal MUST complete the SAP Appeals Course listed below. After Successfully completing the course, you will be given access to the appeals form.
Students currently enrolled and on Warning can log into Moodle and gain access to the course.
Students who have already lost financial aid eligibility or are not currently enrolled, please email email@example.com for access to the course. Email must come from your myPittCC email account. Please allow 3 business days to receive a response.
If you have completed the SAP Appeals course and still have questions about filing your appeal, you may attend one of the SAP Question & Answer sessions listed below. NOTE that attending one of these sessions does NOT replace mandatory completion of the SAP Appeals Course.
CFG-132 (Faculty/Staff Dining)
CFG-132 (Faculty/Staff Dining)
4/19/2017 - 10:00 AM
CFG-132 (Faculty/Staff Dining)
For additional information, please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress FAQ's.
Get a Tax Transcript
In addition to online orders for tax transcripts, the IRS has provided the ability to print a transcript on demand. Aid applicants who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool may print tax transcripts at:
To Check Your Award . . .
Go to our web portal, "myPittCC" and log in using the login instructions available below the login box: "How do I Login?"
Once you’re logged in, click on "WebAdvisor for Students", in the “PCC Services" box located to the right.
Select “Financial Aid” from the menu.
Select Financial Award letter. Choose year and hit Submit.
If your award has been processed, it will be detailed here. No award listed?? We may still be processing your file. Check your myPittCC account frequently for updates. Please note that an award letter will also be mailed to you once your file is complete.
Student Store Information
Information about the various types of financial aid you may receive through Pitt Community College - including scholarships, grants, federal work study employment, and loans.
Some frequently asked questions about financial aid, receiving financial aid, and the financial aid application process.
As a community college student, you are eligible to receive education tax credits that can reduce the expense of your education.
How to reach the financial aid department if you have a question or problem.