NC Hispanic College Fund 2015-2106
The deadline to apply to the NC Hispanic College Fund established by the NC Society of Hispanic Professionals (NCSHP) at the Triangle Community Foundation is quickly approaching. NCSHP will be accepting applications now through January 15, 2015. Applications post marked after the deadline will not be accepted. The application can be found on the NCSHP website at www.thencshp.org.
The North Carolina Hispanic College Fund awards annual scholarships worth between $500 and $2,500. Scholarship recipients are seniors and recent graduates of North Carolina high schools who are of Hispanic/Latin background. Recipients of a NC Hispanic College Fund scholarship must enroll in a degree program at a community college or a 2 or 4-year college/university and demonstrate commitment to public service and community development.
- Graduate of a NC high school within the past 2 years
- A four-year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- 2 letters of recommendation from a high school teacher, principal, pastor, employer, or other community leader
- An official high school transcript
- Personal statement (500 words)
Hispanic students that plan to enroll at a North Carolina community college or a university to pursue the fields of electrical, mechanical, nuclear, chemical or civil engineering are encouraged to apply to the Duke Energy Engineering scholarship available within the fund. To apply, submit an official NC Hispanic College Fund application and be sure to mark the "Duke Energy Scholarship" box.
Applications must be received by January 15, 2015. For more information or to download an application form for the NC Hispanic College Fund, please visit our website at www.thencshp.org.
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
This prestigious scholarship gives students the opportunity to study abroad. Students will go to Germany for a full year. They would have the program paid for. Students do not need to speak German as they will participate in a two month intensive German course. Afterwards, they will take four months of academic classes followed by a four-five month internship. Deadline for applying is December 1, 2014. More information can be found at https://www.cbyx.info
Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship available to PCC Students
The application period is now open for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation scholarship for students planning to transfer to a 4-year school. Students meeting the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2014, or a recent graduate (since Spring 2010).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in Fall 2015.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000.
- Have not previously been nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.
For more information, please visit the website at: www.jkcf.org
Deadline for applications is December 2, 2014
Essay: 700 to 1500 words
Deadline: Awarded Monthly; Ten times per year
Open to current students
American Muscle (Automotive technology or related field)
Awards two scholarships each semester of $2000 each to students seeking an education in automotive technology.
Scholarship and Internship Opportunity with The Union Scholars Program for students interested in learning more about the Labor Movement. Deadline is February, 28th. For more information please visit The United Negro College Fund website.
For seniors in a public high school in North Carolina. Some residency restrictions. Due March 31, 2014.
For Durham Public School seniors. Due April 1, 2014.
Golden Leaf application due dates:
Fall Semester - November 15, 2015
Spring Semester - March 5, 2016
Summer - TBD
Note: Funds will be awarded after late registration
Faculty Senate Scholarship (applications due by March 20, 2014)
SECU Foundation Scholarship Program (applications due July 27, 2015)
Internet Education Award (applications due June 17, 2015)