PCC's Foreign Language Department
"Forging Links Between Cultures"
The mission of Pitt Community College's Foreign Language Department is to be a linguistic catalyst that provides a positive learning environment for language proficiency, cultural awareness, and interaction within our multicultural community.
- Facilitating proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the target language
- Fostering cultural awareness
- Forming a global mindset
- Forgoing cultural barriers in order to interact within a multicultural community
- Forging life long interests in a multicultural community
- Listening to enhance comprehension strategies
- Learning via communicative methods
- Launching students into further foreign language education
- Leading students into economic opportunities in global communication
- Lowering the affective filter to promote a positive classroom environment