Experience PCC Academics Continuing Education Distance Learning Faculty & Staff Contact
Apply Now Click Here
Back to:


How to Request a Transcript

Official transcripts bear the College seal and the Registrar's signature. If you are forwarding them to another party (e.g. another college or university, potential employer, etc.) where an official transcript is needed, you should not open the envelope.

Looking for an Adult High School transcript?

Looking for a GED or High School Equivalency Transcript?

If you need further assistance, contact Mary Hopkins for GED/HSE transcripts at 252-493-7628 or Sissy Grubbs for Adult High School transcripts at 252-493-7560.

Pitt Community College cannot provide you with copies of transcripts from other schools you have attended. If such transcripts are needed, please contact those schools directly.

If you are currently enrolled and your request is marked "hold for final grades" or "hold for degree," we will hold your request until grades or degree are posted, or until you notify us otherwise.

The fee for transcripts whether ordered online, by mail, or in person, is $5 per copy.

Order an Official Transcript

Ordering Official Transcripts

Pitt Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse; to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. To order official transcripts online:
Instructions for requesting transcripts online:

If you must include additional documents or forms from other institutions with your transcript in the official sealed envelope, or you do not have a Master or Visa credit/debit card, you may order transcripts using the Transcript Request Form by mail or in person at the Admissions & Records Office

How long does it take?

Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to Pitt Community College or another hold on your records, requested transcripts are usually mailed in 1-2 business days and mailed via the US Postal Service with first class postage. This does not include delivery time which will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and timeliness of the US Postal Service. Processing may take longer time during peak times (e.g., the beginning and end of each semester).

Who can request official transcripts?

Only students can request the release of official transcripts.

What if I have an outstanding financial or other obligation with the college?

If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations, we will contact you.

Ordering Transcripts by Mail

You may download a Transcript Request Form or include the required information in a letter and mail it to:

Pitt Community College
Office of Admissions and Records
PO Drawer 7007
Greenville, NC 27835-7007

Your request must include:

Note: We are unable to issue a transcript without your signed authorization.

Walk-in Ordering

The Registrar's Office is located in Goess Student Center and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.

Students and alumnae/i, may complete transcript request forms in the Registrar's Office but transcripts are not issued while you wait.

Transcripts From Other Schools

Printable Transcript Request Form used to request transcripts from other schools.

For further information

Call the Office of the Registrar at (252) 493-7232.