New Student Orientation & Registration FAQs
1. What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is the beginning of your journey as a student at Pitt Community College and where you will receive all of the tools that are needed to be successful during your time as a new student.
2. Do I need to RSVP for Orientation?
You do not have to register for orientation unless you need special accommodations. If you require accommodations such as an interpreter, enlarged print or auxillary aids to attend, please contact the Office of Disability Services at: (252) 493-7557. A minimum of two weeks notice is required. Personal aides and transportation are not provided.
3. Are all new students required to attend an Orientation session?
Students must attend the New Student Orientation sessions to be advised and register for fall classes.
4. What will I do at Orientation?
At Orientation, you will review the degree program that you selected on your application and course requirements. Services offered at the college will be introduced to you at the Information Fair located in the Warren Building. You will meet with an Advisor to register for fall classes applicable to your academic major.
5. Can parents or family members attend Orientation?
Yes, parents and or family members can attend. Parents and family members will be able to share experiences with similar families, receive answers to questions the student may not know to ask, and form a connection to PCC.
6. If I cannot attend Orientation, can my parents attend Orientation and register for me?
No. The admitted student is required to register for his/her own fall courses.
7. Can my children attend the Orientation?
Pitt Community College Orientation is designed for college students and their adult family members. Therefore, children are not encouraged to attend.
8. Must my tuition and fees be paid before I can attend the Orientation session?
You may participate in Orientation before your fees have been paid. Payment of tuition and fees will not be required until after you have actually registered for classes.
9. Where can I find out more about my financial aid?
You can find out more about your financial aid by signing into your "MY Pitt CC" account, clicking on the 'PCC Services" tab and clicking again on the financial aid tab. Any other questions can be addressed by looking at the financial aid website or by calling 252-493-7339.
10. Where will I park when I arrive for Orientation?
There are plenty of large parking lots on campus. Feel free to park in any area except those designated for Staff and Faculty.
11. Where will Orientation be held?
Orientation will be held in locations based on your academic major:
- Arts and Sciences (University Transfer) - Goess Multipurpose Room
- Business - Humber 118
- Construction & Industrial Technology - CIT Building Lobby
- Health Sciences - Fulford 153
- Public Services & Fine Arts - Russell 203 and 205
Directions to Pitt Community College can be found here.
To see an actual map of the campus map of the campus, please click here.
12. How much will Orientation cost me?
Orientation will cost you nothing outside of your travel expenses.
13. Will I meet with my advisor during my specified Orientation session?
Although you will have the opportunity to meet with several different staff and faculty members, there is no guarantee you will meet with your specific advisor during your Orientation day.
Your advisor information can be found in your Admissions letter. This information includes your advisor's name, office, phone number, and email. Your advisor is determined by your program of study.
14. What if I am studying as a Distant Learner?
For assistance with the Distance Learner registration process, click here.
15. Will I have to stay overnight? If so, where should I stay?
There is no need to stay overnight for those who live local to Pitt Community College. If you are traveling from further distances, there are plenty of lodging options available in the area.
If you have any other questions concerning Orientation, please email email@example.com.