New Student Checklist
So, you've been admitted and have attended New Student Orientation. What happens next?
Please use the list below to ensure class and college preparedness before your first semester begins.
Though this is a detailed list, there are always topics or questions we may have missed. You can ask those questions by emailing email@example.com or calling (252) 493-7200.
Let's have a great semester!
Take a close look at your myPittCC account.
- Become familiar with the services and information it offeres exclusively to PCC students
- Check your student email and the myPittCC Dashboard for important announcements
- Learn how to use other email clients (Outlook, for example) and mobile devices to check your myPittCC email
- Check your schedule, register for courses, review your Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Take advantage of the free, 24-7, online tutoring service called SMARThinking
Pay tuition and fees.
- Have you turned in all of the necessary documents in order to process and receive Financial Aid?
- Visit the Cashier's Office in the Goess Student Center in order to pay for tuition
- Keep in contact wtih your Financial Aid Advisor
Purchase textbooks and course materials.
- Visit the PCC Bookstore to reserve and purchase your textbooks
- Use your Financial Aid to purchase your textbooks in the PCC Bookstore
- The staff in the PCC Bookstore will assist you with selecting the correct text for your course/section
Parking decal and student ID
- Visit the Campus Police department to obtain your parking decal and student ID
- A copy of your current semester schedule is required for both
- Having a PCC parking decal gives you access to park on campus in any spot not designated for STAFF
- Having your PCC ID Card gives you access to the library, the fitness center, and much more!
- Surrounding businesses and restaurants offer student discounts with the validation of a PCC Student ID
- If your decal or ID is lost, a $2 fee will be required in order to obtain a new one
Request academic or disability services.
- Stop in the Disability Services office to request reasonable accommodations for your learning environment
- A student must self-identify his or her need and follow the guidelines in place to request accommodations
- More often than not, these accommodations, once in place, enhance your educational journey
Head to class.
- Always attend class
- Pay attention to the course syllabi for details on attendance and for the instructor's contact information
- If for any reason a class must be missed, contact your instructor via email or his/her designated method
- Missing class may result in a non-passing grade and has the potential to affect a student's Financial Aid
- Make sure you have the correct textbook(s) for your course
- Bring notebook paper, folders, pens/pencils, highlighters, or a voice recorder as tools for your academic success
- Utilize your Student Handbook to reinforce assignment due dates, extracurricular activities, and/or work.
- Attend Clubs & Subs at the beginning of the semester to get information on PCC Clubs and Orgnaizations
Take a breather!
- Explore the many offerings of Greenville
- Like movies? Check out one of the two theaters in Greenville
- Greenville offers a variety of shopping options and restaurants (don't forget your student ID!)