Welcome to the Academic Skills Lab (ASL) where our major is student success!
The Academic Skills Lab seeks to partner with instructors to provide academic support to PCC curriculum students experiencing academic difficulty or needing extra practice. Instructors may refer students for computer tutorials that are remedial or developmental in nature by submitting the referral form found in the left panel. While the ASL will remain an open lab environment for all PCC curriculum students, specialized software will be available for referred students to aid with skill building and extra practice needed to successfully complete the curriculum course in which he or she is enrolled. The software provides individualized supplemental instruction allowing students to work at their own pace. FTE will be earned from the actual student contact hours generated from faculty referrals. Guidelines on referring students to the ASL can be found in the faculty handbook located in the left panel. - back to top
- Provide services to all PCC curriculum students
- Establish rapport between the ASL team and PCC faculty
- Promote academic success through strategic use of computerized tutorials and resources
- Promote self-sufficiency necessary for students to become lifelong learners
- Increase student retention
- Improve graduation rates - back to top
Resources and Services
The ASL is actively seeking new resources and services to support the academic success of PCC curriculum students.
- 20 computers loaded with Microsoft Windows 7, Internet access, Microsoft Office 2010, and a variety of programs designed to complement your curriculum area
- Assistance with technical issues and questions related to computer hardware and software
- Academic success tutorials
- Black and white printing
- Resource Locator Service
- Nurturing and encouraging support - back to top
We are conveniently located in the Vernon White building, Room 47.
Summer Lab Hours
May 22nd - August 1st
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27th||CLOSED|
|Independence Day||July 4th & 5th||CLOSED|
ASL Support Desk: 252-493-7710
ASL Technical Assistant: 252-493-7668
Director, Tutorial and Academic Success Center