United Way Campaign
The PCC United Way Committee encourages all PCC employees to 'live united' by contributing to the United Way as a means of giving back to our community. Through generous contributions from employees like you, the United Way Campaign has raised $220,714.71 for the United Way since 2003. Let's work this year to increase that total and help at least 285 families!
The 2016 United Way Campaign will run from February 1, 2016 - February 29, 2016.
- How can I Contribute to the United Way Campaign?
- Why Contribute to the United Way?
- How Does My Contribution Impact Pitt Community College?
- 2016 United Way Campaign Goal
- Door Prizes & Winners
- Business Donors
- United Way Committee Members
Contributing to the United Way is as easy as filling out your United Way of Pitt County Pledge Form and returning your form via interoffice mail. All PCC faculty and staff will receive a pledge form directly from a PCC United Way Committee member or in their PCC office mailbox.
Note: If you do not receive a pledge form via office mail, contact Sharon Ceres at x7561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contribution options include easy monthly payments or lump sum contribution options through payroll deduction and a direct gift option by cash, check, or credit card.
How will my contribution be spent?
Answer: You choose. Your pledge form allows you the option of choosing how you would like to invest your gift. You may choose one of the following options -
- Community Impact Fund - The most powerful way to invest locally is through the volunteer-led community impact initiative, which supports local programs focusing on School Success, Workforce Development, and Basic Needs
- Other United Way - You fill in the name of United Way funded organization/program
- I would like to designate my gift to a specific 501(c) (3) organization - You fill in the name of an organization of your choosing.
The United Way of Pitt County is dedicated to the achievement of measurable results and community-level change. For over 50 years, The United Way of Pitt County has supported the success and resources of the Pitt County community. The United Way ensures that your contribution funds legitimate non-profit organizations and community resources devoted to creating a positive impact on Pitt County residents.
The goal of the United Way of Pitt County is to create ever lasting change by addressing the underlying causes of community issues.
The United Way of Pitt County provides a saftey net of basic need services, but also looks at the bigger picture to tackle the issue of strengthening families by focusing on school success and workforce development through it's Community Impact Initiative.
Community Impact Initiative -
Some of The United Way of Pitt County's 2014 partner services and programs include...
- Boys Scouts of East Carolina Council - Multicultural STEM Outreach
- Girl Scouts of North Carolina Coastal Pines - Community Outreach Program
- Boys and Girls Club - Academic Success Program
- Literacy Volunteers - Adult and Family Literacy
- Pitt Community College - Career Readiness Certificate Program
- American Red Cross - Disaster Services Program
- Center for Family Violence Prevention - Domestic Violence and Shelter Services Program
- Greenville Community Shelters, Inc. - Emergency Shelter Program
- Pitt County Council on Aging - Meals on Wheels
- The Salvation Army - Emergency Assistance Program
- The Real Crisis Center - Crisis Intervention and Rape Crisis Program
- Pitt County Partnership for Progress - Afterschool Tutorial Program
- Operation Sunshine - Afterschool/Summer Program for Girls
- Student Success Academy - Middle School Academic Program
- STRIVE - Job Readiness, The RENEW Project
To learn more about the United Way of Pitt County visit their website.
Dear PCC Colleagues:
As a staff member at Pitt Community College I have had many conversations with PCC students regarding challenges they are facing in their lives. United Way funded partners serve as resources for these students. United Way funded resources that could assist students I have talked to include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Shelter Programs - Greenville Community Shelters, Inc.
- Crisis Intervention Program - REAL Crisis Center
- Fighting Hunger in Pitt County -Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC
- Domestic Violence and Shelter Services - Center for Family Violence Prevention
- Rape Crisis Program - Real Crisis Center
- Adult and Family Literacy - Literacy Volunteers
- Nurse-Family Partnership - Pitt County Heath Department
- Services to Armed Forces - American Red Cross
These are very real issues that PCC students are facing. I know that if I am having conversations with students regarding such topics then others on campus are engaging in similar conversations with students as well. The United Way funds programs in our community that serve as valuable resources for PCC students in crisis. Donating to the United Way is not simply a 'feel good' concept, but instead has a very real impact on PCC students in need. Not only do these services help ensure the well being and basic safety needs of PCC students, but they may also be the deciding factor that enables students to remain in school to complete their education. In addition, Pitt Community College's Career Readiness Certificate Program is an United Way funded partner.
Your contribution makes a difference in the lives of PCC students!
Placement Testing Coordinator and Proud PCC United Way Committee Member since 2011
The 2016 United Way Campaign Goal is to help at least 285 families. Roughly $70 can help just one family. $70 is all it takes to help one family through the United Way. Will you help us meet this goal!
Please be sure to check back . This section will be updated when more donations are secured and winners are announced.
The 2016 United Way Committee would like to extend their deepest gratitude to the following businesses, organizations and individuals for their generous donations and support...
Please be sure to check back often. This section will continually be updated as donations are secured.
If you are a business owner and would like to donate a gift certificate or another item to be used as a door prize for the 2016 PCC United Way Campaign, please contact Amanda Wells, 2016 PCC United Way Committee Chair, at 252-493-7810 or email@example.com.
The United Way Committee is comprised of a dedicated team of PCC faculty and staff (your peers), who volunteer their time and are committed to The United Way, the community, and Pitt Community College.