Student Government Association
Now accepting Student Government Association Leadership Team applications
DUE March 4, 2016 by 4:00 pm to Goess Student Center 180
Craig F. Goess Student Center
Reedy Branch Road
SGA Office, Room 123
SGA Center, Room 135
PCC SGA quick facts:
- SGA serves as the student voice on campus.
- SGA supports student activities such as athletic events, cookouts, blood drives, community projects, a student newsletter and curriculum activities.
- Each curriculum has input into SGA by electing or appointing up to three representatives to be members of the Association.
- Officers are elected from within the Association, and along with the advisors, serve on the Executive Committee.
- PCC's Student Government Association is a member of the North Carolina Comprehensive Community College Student Government Association (N4CSGA).
- Members are eligible to attend leadership conferences sponsored by N4CSGA and to participate on the state level.
What is the SGA?
The SGA is designed to enhance the general welfare of students and to facilitate communication between the student body, the faculty, and the administration. The SGA sponsors campus-wide student activities. These activities are funded by the student activity fee paid by students at registration.
Who can be involved in SGA?
Every student at Pitt Community College who pays an activity fee is a member of the Student Government Association and may attend the meetings. All students (distance learners and onsite students) are encouraged to participate. Comments, questions, and concerns may be sent to the SGA at email@example.com.
Each student club/organization has input into SGA by electing or appointing up to three representatives to be voting members of the Association.