Pitt Community College, through its "Ready for College" initiative, is sponsoring a summer bridge program called SPAN. The goal of the Summer Program for Academic Navigation (SPAN) is to promote college readiness through academic acceleration efforts, curriculum class exposure, campus resource awareness, and career exploration. Students will attend enrichment classes designed to build mastery skills that could possibly place the student at least one course level higher than their original placement scores indicate. This higher placement will save the students both time and money as they pursue their career goals and aspirations.
Benefits of the SPAN program are:
- Six-week program offered at no cost to the student.
- Tuition, books, and resource materials will be provided.
- A 3 credit hour class in the form of Essential Study Skills (ACA 090) will also be taught to help students organize, manage, and develop skills for success. The students will earn college credits for passing the class.
The SPAN bridge program curriculum is designed to provide:
- English enrichment.
- Math enrichment.
- Computer enrichment.
- Transition workshops designed to assist with their holistic development.
Students will be required to take the college placement test before the program start date, and they will retake it at the end of the program.
The partners in this effort are Developmental Studies (Foundational Studies), Minority Male Mentoring (Student Development Services), and TRIO: Student Support Services (Student Development Services).
See our Introductory Letter to Students.
Apply for SPAN
Applications available here.
Applications can be submitted several ways:
- Mailed to . . .
Pitt Community College
Attn: Cheri White
P.O. Drawer 7007
Greenville, NC 27835-7007
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 252-321-4347
- Brought to Reddrick 128