Mission: Counseling Services strives to educate and empower students to make realistic and attainable decisions as they pursue their academic, career, personal, and social goals.
Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling Services are provided to currently enrolled students.
What Counselors Can Do For You:
- Provide Pre-Program Advising in program areas of interest
- Provide "general" course selection
- Assist with academic, transfer, and career planning
- Work with you on personal concerns that interfere with educational and career goals
- Work with potential students on career exploration for your time at PCC and for future planning
- Provide advising for undecided students
- Help you develop success strategies and life skills
- Guide in placement testing clarification and interpretation
- Provide a general orientation to PCC
- Provide preliminary graduation checklists
- Assist with setting and clarifying goals
- Intervene for crises management
- Offer short-term personal counseling
- Help strengthen academic standing
- Assist with test anxiety and stress management
- Conduct workshops in admissions, career/educational planning, decision making, and personal development.
(NOTE: For Crises Intervention Services, contact the Student Assistance Program Coordinator, Ty Davis at (252) 493-7371.)
Students are requested to schedule an appointment for counseling sessions but may be seen on a walk-in basis.
Normal Operating Hours and Evening Counseling Services:
Mondays, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Goess Student Center, Suite 120.
Contact a Counselor by Calling: (252) 493-7245.