TRIO: Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
What Is the Educational Opportunity Center?
"With one purpose through multiple places...we empower people to progress..."
The Educational Opportunity Center is a non-profit program administered by Pitt Community College and Edgecombe Community College and is funded by The United States Department of Education to serve participants in Pitt County, Edgecombe County and other surrounding counties.
The Educational Opportunity Center provides assistance to individuals who desire to enter or re-enter the educational process. Educational Opportunity Center Specialists and Coaches provide assistance with career assessment, college admissions, motivational workshops, and financial aid applications. The goal of the Educational Opportunity Center is to help individuals enroll in GED programs, technical programs, and two year and four year colleges and universities all over the world!
Participants of the EOC . . .
- Desire to continue their education
- Meet certain income guidelines
- Have not earned a bachelor's degree
- Are First Generation College Students (their mother nor their father have not completed a bachelor's degree)
- Are United States Citizens or permanent residents
- Live in the Educational Opportunity Center service region
- Information on postsecondary educational programs
- Assistance with completing college and technical school applications
- Assistance with completing financial aid applications
- Admissions information into college
- G.E.D information, referral and supportive counsel
- Career and academic advising
- Referrals to community agencies
- College transfers assistance
- Campus tours
- Information on local, regional, and national scholarships
- R U Ready to Go Back to School
- Financial Aid Informational Sessions (FASFA)
- How to Choose the Right Career
- The Steps to Success...
- Mirror, Windows, and Trash Cans...
- Staying Motivated Even During Obstacles...