Academic Excellence Awards Program
The Academic Excellence Awards program is designed to showcase students' academic achievements as well as their service to the College and their community. This program takes place during the spring semester. One student is selected from the 50 recipients to receive a North Carolina Community College System's Academic Excellence Award. Students must be nominated by PCC faculty/staff using the nomination form.
Criteria for Nomination
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) semester hours
- Must have completed at least 24 semester hours at PCC towards an Associate Degree
- Must have a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.5 (not rounded)
- Community service, honors/awards, accomplishments, leadership positions, and extracurricular activities will be considered in selecting the 50 academic award recipients
- Students may receive an academic excellence award one time during their academic studies at PCC
Submission of Nomination Form
- Nomination forms are reviewed by a selection committee representing all academic divisions
- Selected recipients are notified by a congratulatory letter from the President's Office
- Only selected recipients are invited to the awards program and reception and are excused from class without penalty to attend
- ALL faculty and staff making nominations are invited to attend the awards program and reception
Contact Leslie Rogers, Assistant Vice President for Student Services, at (252) 493-7320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.