Leadership Institute Invitation
We invite you to share in a unique professional development opportunity and to join in some fun with your PCC colleagues from all areas of the College. To help develop the leadership potential in each of us, Pitt Community College is hosting the ninth Pitt Community College Leadership Institute this fall. The 2013 Leadership Institute will take place in Raleigh on October 2-4 at the North Raleigh Renaissance Hotel. The institute will feature individual professional development and team building activities. The College will provide lodging and food costs at the site as well as conference materials.
Institute Goals & Conceptual Framework
The following four goals have been consistent since we began this program in 2004.
- Identify and develop individual leadership competencies
- Promote cross-divisional interaction and college coherence
- Build problem solving skills
- Analyze PCC in the context of state and national models
- A. Immersion (Oct 2-4. North Raleigh Renaissance)
- B. Reflection (2 Sessions). Exact Dates/Times/Locations will be announced for the reflection and completion phases of the program.
- November 2013- Ethics & Leadership
- February 2014- Alumni perspectives: Decision Making
- C. Completion (April 2014) Certificate distribution and light reception
Join us for a series of professional talks and interactive sessions presented by local and state leaders in higher education. The conference will include working sessions that will require some advance preparation and important follow-up discussions. Past participants have rated the Institute highly.
You must apply to participate. Applications will be accepted from 4/29/2013 to 9/06/2013. The 2013 Institute will accommodate a 40 person cohort. Participation is, therefore, a competitive process. The first review of applications will begin 9/6/2013.
The application is available HERE.
The Leadership Institute Planning Committee will then recommend the 2013 Institute class to me. On behalf of the Planning Committee, I look forward to an Institute that is empowering and renewing. If you have any questions or suggestions as we coordinate events, please contact me or Dr. Miller at 493-7421.
G. Dennis Massey, President