All students awarded degrees and/or diplomas are invited to apply for participation in commencement exercises. PCC hosts one ceremony each spring which includes graduates from the previous summer and fall semesters, current spring semester and upcoming summer semester graduates meeting specific criteria choosing to participate in Spring Ceremonies. General guidelines for graduation are published in the PCC Catalog. Visit the PCC website for specific dates, times, and deadlines for graduation.
APPLYING TO PARTICIPATE IN SPRING COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES:
- Student should meet with his/her faculty advisor prior to registering for the final semester of anticipated graduation to ensure that all academic requirements have been met and their name has been submitted on the Prospective Graduate List submitted to the Registrar
- Student should clear all financial obligations to the College.
- If a student has not received a letter and graduation regalia order form by the end of February from the Vice President, Student Development Services Office, to participate in the graduation ceremony, the student should contact Betty Foreman @ 252-493-7320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student is registered to participate in the graduation ceremony by placing an order for graduation regalia in the PCC Bookstore.
SUMMER GRADUATES PARTICIPATING IN SPRING COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
- Student should make an appointment with their faculty advisor to discuss graduation readiness (refer to PCC Catalog and/or visit the graduation website for eligibility critera).
- f a student has not received a letter and graduation regalia order form by the end of February from the Vice President, Student Development Services Office, to participate in the graduation ceremony, the student should contact Betty Foreman @ 252-493-7320 or email@example.com.
- Students are eligible to graduate with honors if their major GPA is 3.50 the semester prior to graduation in the curriculum from which they are graduating. Honor cords are provided by the College and distributed during the graduation rehearsal.
- Summer graduates participating in the Spring Commencement ceremony are not eligible to receive an honor cord. Upon completion of their degree/diploma requirements after summer term, the student may request their honor cord by contacting Betty Foreman @ 252-493-7320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACULTY ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITY
- After meeting with the potential student degree and/or diploma graduate to confirm graduation readiness, the faculty advisor is responsible to submit the student's name on the Prospective Graduate List by the deadline set by the Registrar.
- Faculty advisors for students eligible to participate in Spring Commencement Ceremony as a summer graduate wishing to participate in graduation, DO NOT submit these names as Prospective Graduates to the Registrar. Students meeting this criteria are responsible to meet with their advisor to confirm eligibility after receiving a letter from the Vice President, Student Development Services, notifying them of being POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE to participate.
Refer faculty/staff questions regarding the ceremony to visit the graduation website for details.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Single source CHM, PDF, DOC and HTML Help creation