Spring 2010 PCC Faculty/Staff Wellness Challenge
The PCC Wellness Committee is pleased to announce the second annual Campus-Wide Wellness Challenge for our great Faculty/Staff. Last years challenge involved 125 of our great Faculty/Staff and together we achieved many great health benefits. We hope this years Campus-Wide Challenge Results surpass last year's as we continue our consistent pursuit, together, of a healthy lifestyle.
The purpose of this Challenge is to help us develop greater fitness and nutritional habits that lead to a healthier lifestyle. We encourage and support your participation in the Challenge of "Stepping Out: Taking the Steps to Pursue a Healthier Lifestyle" this Spring.
The Challenge will provide for us a wonderful opportunity to work together in a fun, low level competition that can positively impact our entire campus. The potential benefits to be gained are immeasurable as morale, unit cohesion, and overall healthier employees are well worth the time, energy, effort and investment to support this great event.
The Challenge will provide the ability for our Faculty/Staff to form teams of up to five to pursue a healthier lifestyle through earning points gained by partaking of healthful habits in a fun competition format (Faculty/Staff who wish to participate individually are able to as well). Points will be earned by
1. Individually recording your total steps taken each day
2. Individually recording your total minutes of exercise
3. Individually recording your intake of water, fruits and vegetables
4. Each participant will have the opportunity to have a private and confidential personal body composition analysis (pre and post) and goal setting assistance. As well, weekly private and confidential weigh-ins will be held to provide accurate measures of each participant's progress in pursuit of their personal weight management goals.
A variety of active and passive learning and activity sessions will be offered and conducted for PCC Faculty & Staff to enjoy and empower their pursuit throughout the Spring semester. The purpose of these sessions will be to equip and encourage participants to succeed in their personal and corporate pursuit of a healthier lifestyle. Sessions will include such topics as:
- Increasing your physical activity
- Increasing your steps
- Increasing your water, fruit and vegetable intake along with other relevant session activities and topics.
Benefits of Taking the Challenge:
- Goal Setting Assistance
- Body Composition Analysis
- Get to know your colleagues better from across Campus
- Weekly Newsletter
- Team Support (Teams of up to Five members)
- Fun Competition with prizes and other great rewards
- Weekly Learning & Activity Sessions to equip and empower you for success
- Immeasurable Health Benefits
- Opportunities to lose the traditional 4-6 pound weight gain derived from Holiday festivities
- Begin 2010 on the right foot through making intentional your pursuit of a healthier lifestyle
- Along with other great personal benefits yet to be discovered
A one-time $20 Participant fee (and quite possibly some sweat)
Enjoying the Results of Living a Healthy Lifestyle:
Monday, October 1st, 2009 and will End on Wednesday, February 5th, 2010.
How PCC Faculty/Staff Can Register:
1. Download the Registration Form.
2. Create a team of up to 5 fellow PCC Faculty/Staff, along with Team Name.
3. Go by the Cashier's Office and pay the $20 Registration Fee.
4. Complete your Registration Form and send the form AND your Receipt, together, to Jeff Ramey.
5. You will be contacted to set up an appointment for Individual Pre-challenge assessments, Personal Goal setting, and Challenge training (These appointments will begin on Monday, January 11th 2009 and end on Friday, February 5th, 2010.)
The Pedometer Steps Baseline week will be held Monday, February 8th - Sunday, February 14th. The Faculty/Staff Wellness Challenge Kick-Off Event will initiate the active challenge beginning on Monday, February 15th, 2010 and the Challenge will run for 8 Weeks (excluding Spring Break: The Challenge will have an "Off-Week" April 5th - 11th). Finally, the Challenge will officially end competition ending April 18th, 2010.