Summer 2010 PCC Faculty/Staff Wellness Challenge
The PCC Wellness Committee is pleased to announce the first annual Summer Wellness Challenge for our great Faculty/Staff.
This Summer we will be continuing our great pursuit by "Stepping Out: Taking the Steps to Pursue a Healthier Lifestyle." The purpose of this Challenge is to help us develop greater fitness habits that lead us to an overall healthier lifestyle.
During this Summer the Challenge will provide us the opportunity to focus individually on accumulating both Pedometer Steps and Exercise Minutes in a fun, low level competition that can positively impact our entire campus. The potential benefits to be gained are well worth the time, energy, effort and investment to support this great event.
The Challenge will provide the ability for our Faculty/Staff to pursue a healthier lifestyle through earning points gained by partaking of healthful habits in a fun competition format. Points will be earned by
- Individually recording your total steps taken each day
- Individually recording your total minutes of exercise
- Assessing, setting and pursuing a weight management goal of either: gaining weight, losing weight or maintaining weight.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to have a private and confidential personal body composition analysis (pre and post) and goal setting assistance. As well, weekly private and confidential weigh-ins will be held to provide accurate measures of each participant's progress in pursuit of their personal weight management goals.
A variety of active learning & activity sessions will be conducted for PCC Faculty/Staff throughout the Summer term. The purpose of these sessions will be to further empower participants to succeed in their personal pursuit of a healthier lifestyle. Sessions will include such topics as:
- Increasing your physical activity each day
- Increasing your overall steps each day
Benefits of Taking the Challenge:
- Goal Setting Assistance
- Body Composition Analysis
- Weekly Newsletter
- Fun Competition with the potential for prizes and other great rewards
- Weekly Activity & Learning Sessions to equip and empower you for success
- Immeasurable Health Benefits
- Opportunities to maintain current weight and/or pursue losing non-essential weight (body fat)
- Continue the progress you have made in your pursuit, thus far, and continue your pursuit of a healthier lifestyle
- Along with other great personal benefits yet to be discovered
A one-time $10 Participant fee (and quite possibly some sweat)
Enjoying the Results of Living a Healthy Lifestyle:
Monday, March 15tht, 2009 and will End on Tuesday, June 1st, 2010.
How PCC Faculty/Staff Can Register:
- Download the Registration Form
- Go by the Cashier's Office and pay the $10 Registration Fee.
- Complete your Registration Form and send the form AND your Receipt, together, to Jeff Ramey.
- You will be contacted to set up an appointment for Individual Pre-challenge assessments, Personal Goal setting, and Challenge training (These appointments will begin on Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 and end on Friday, June 4th, 2010.)
The Pedometer Steps Baseline week will be held Monday, June 7th - Sunday, June 13th. The Faculty/Staff Wellness Challenge Kick-Off Event will initiate the active challenge beginning on Monday, June 14th, 2010 and the Challenge will run for 5 Weeks. The Challenge will officially end competition on Sunday, July 18th, 2010.