Find PCC on Facebook and join the 4,151 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
'PCC in the Community Day' Is Sept. 24
|PCC employees and students will raise awareness of programs and services and gather feedback on how well those offerings are meeting the community’s needs.|
PCC Still a National Leader in Awarding Associate Degrees to African-Americans
|Data from the U.S. Department of Education shows PCC remains among the nation’s top institutions when it comes to awarding associate degrees to African-Americans.|
Human Services Department Adds Therapeutic Recreation Assistant Program
|PCC's Public Services and Fine Arts Division is launching a new program this month for students interested in pursuing careers in the field of therapeutic recreation.|
August 2013 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest college news. Click HERE for Dr. Massey's August 2013 update.
• PCC Trustees voted unanimously to pursue a $19.9 million bond referendum this fall during a special meeting held July 16. (READ STORY)
• Instructors and students from PCC’s Construction and Industrial Technology Division recently led military veterans through a day of hands-on exploration in the hopes it will give the vets a better idea of the kinds of trades that can be found in the area’s advanced manufacturing companies. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• Nursing student Morgan Dawson was named the inaugural recipient of the PCC Faculty Senate Scholarship last month. (READ STORY)
• The Summer Program for Academic Navigation (SPAN) concluded this month with a ceremony to celebrate the achievements of student participants. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC and NACCO Materials Handling Group are teaming up next month to host a forklift rodeo at the Greenville lift truck manufacturing facility. (READ STORY)
• PCC held orientation July 24 to give new students a chance to sign up for fall courses and learn more about curriculum requirements and college services.(PHOTO GALLERY)
• Students found a way to have fun cooling off from the summer heat during the college's annual Summer Splash event July 25. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The college held a camp on campus last month to spark interest among rising fourth, fifth and sixth-grade girls in careers that deal with science, technology, engineering and math. (PHOTO)
• East Carolina University academic advisors visited campus in July to give students considering transferring to ECU more information on the university’s educational options. (PHOTO)
• A four-member delegation from Wuxi Institute of Technology visited the campus last month to tour the Building Construction program and Facilities Services Complex. (PHOTO)
• Listen to what current student Martin Maurer had to say about the value of his PCC education. (FACEBOOK VIDEO)
• Student Mack Robinson was selected from more than 100 entries to win an iPod Shuffle as part of the PCC Library Open House last month. (FACEBOOK PHOTO)
• President Massey says PCC will work hard to meet any challenges that may result from a 1.6 percent reduction in general fund appropriations for the N.C. Community College System. (READ STORY)
• Check out photos from this summer's Explore! Camps on Facebook. (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC alum Carol Shields talks about what her PCC education has meant to her. (FACEBOOK VIDEO)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it 'Turn It Blue Tuesday.' (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Aug. 12 - Registration Payment Deadline
• Aug. 13 - Convocation
• Aug. 14 - Walk-in Registration
• Aug. 15 - Fall Semester Begins
• Aug. 16 - Weekend College Begins
• Aug. 27 - International Student Welcome
• Aug. 31-Sept. 2 - Campus Closed (Labor Day)
• Sept. 10 - Clubs and Subs
• Sept. 13 - Forklift Rodeo at NACCO
• Sept. 17 - Constitution Day
• Sept. 24 - 'PCC in the Community Day'
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
August 2013 Athletics Quick Hitters ...
• Lumberton's Montrae Strother has signed with the PCC basketball program. (Robesonian.com)
• Smoky Mountain graduate Mark Thompson has committed to play baseball for Pitt. (Citizen-Times.com)
• The Cary News included PCC baseball player Addison Braswell as one of its 'hometown heroes' last month. (CaryNews.com)