Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,172 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
Registration Continues for Fall Semester
Alum Competing in Label Design Contest
|Alumnus Richard Wilson is one of 20 artists competing in a national label design contest organized by the Blue Moon Brewing Company in celebration of their 20th anniversary.|
August 2015 Edition of PCC InSight
August 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• PCC students and alumni will have a valuable opportunity to meet with area employers on Aug. 26, when the college holds the 2nd Annual Part-Time Job Fair on campus. (READ MORE)
• Organizers of the 2015 PCC Foundation Fall Golf Classic have announced that this year’s tournament will take place Sept. 17 at Greenville Country Club. (READ MORE)
• Travis White’s dedication to his studies paid off this summer, as the PCC Respiratory Therapy student was named this year’s recipient of the Dr. Robert Shaw Respiratory Therapy Scholarship. (READ MORE)
• A year after the Golden LEAF Foundation awarded Pitt County a $1.25 million-grant to address the region’s growing need for advanced manufacturing workers and entrepreneurs, 32 middle school teachers from Pitt and surrounding counties received entrepreneurship training at PCC. (READ MORE)
• The Registrar’s Office is reminding students who have signed up for the 2015 Fall Semester to pay for their classes by 5 p.m. Aug. 11 to avoid having their schedules purged. (READ MORE)
• After six months of rigorous training, nine students graduated from the college's 8th Fire Academy during a July 17 ceremony. (READ MORE)
• PCC received word from the U.S. Department of Education last month that grant funding for its TRIO: Student Support Services (SSS) program has been renewed. (READ MORE)
• The Transitional Studies Department will hold orientation for new students Aug. 18 and Aug. 20, with morning and evening sessions scheduled to take place each day. (READ MORE)
• Nine students are taking part in Project Skill-UP at PCC this summer to gain Snap-on torque certifications, hands-on training in basic electricity, lean/six yellow belt certification and instruction in WorkKeys Applied Technology, blueprint reading, shop math and workplace communications. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The Kiwanis of the Golden K Foundation presented a $1,000-check to the PCC Foundation in July to support the Ricks Automotive Scholarship. (PHOTO)
• Pitt recently completed an "Accelerate Your Future" rebranding campaign. The campaign was created and implemented by the Michael Weeks Agency and features local personality Brent Baker as campaign spokesperson. (READ MORE)
• Members of the State Board of Community Colleges have selected Greenville’s Scott Shook to serve as their chair for the next two years. (READ MORE)
• PCC has held orientation sessions for new students throughout the summer to help them make successful transitions from high school to college. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• WNCT reported on the college's plans for a satellite campus in Farmville. (WNCT REPORT)
• The PCC Foundation is raising funds for student scholarships and various educational activities by selling chances to win a brand new Mercedes-Benz. (MORE DETAILS)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• Aug. 11 - Payment Deadline
• Aug. 13 - Convocation
• Aug. 14 - Walk-In Registration
• Aug. 17 - Fall Classes Begin
• Aug. 18 - Transitional Studies Orientations
• Aug. 20 - Transitional Studies Orientations
• Aug. 21 - Weekend College Begins
• Aug. 22 - Cheerleader Tryouts
• Aug. 26 - Part-Time Job Fair
• Sept. 17 - PCC Foundation Fall Golf Classic
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.