Find PCC on Facebook and join the 5,032 fans already receiving our latest news, photos, videos, events and announcements!
PCC Honors Academic Excellence
|Pitt Community College presented Academic Excellence Awards to top students last month for excellence in the classroom, on campus and in the community.|
'Accelerating the Future' a Success
|A large attendance and positive response had organizers of the PCC Foundation’s “Accelerating the Future” fundraiser celebrating like they were in victory lane last month.|
March PCC InSight Available Online
April 2015 Edition Quick Hitters ...
• Each month, President G. Dennis Massey provides a "College Update" with the latest PCC highlights.
• Win a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 4Matic Sedan! The PCC Foundation is raffling off a Mercedes-Benz luxury automobile. All proceeds support the Foundation’s programs and scholarships. (MORE DETAILS)
• PCC's Horticulture Technology program is holding plant sales for the general public this month. (MORE INFORMATION)
• The Men’s Resource Center’s third annual “Best Foot Forward Professional Clothing Drive” ends April 16 at 4 p.m. (READ MORE)
• The 2015 edition of PCC's Career Focus Magazine is now available online. (READ MORE)
• University Transfer student Michael Bean received the Greenville Morning Rotary Club’s 2015 Sen. Ed N. Warren Scholarship last month. (READ MORE)
• Through Golden LEAF Foundation funding, PCC and ECU announced March 2 that they will partner to create the East Coast’s finest training center for biomanufacturing and pharmaceuticals. (READ MORE)
• The state’s higher education systems approved a pair of supplemental articulation agreements to create seamless educational pathways for students pursuing specialized degrees in the high-demand careers of nursing and engineering. (READ MORE)
• A distinguished panel of women highlighted the college’s celebration of Women’s History Month on March 4. (READ MORE)
• Sophomores from Pitt County’s six public high schools visited the PCC campus March 18 for Career Expo. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• PCC celebrated the many cultures of its English as a Second Language (ESL) students today with a special “ESL International Day” program. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The U.S. Army Extreme Truck was on campus March 17, accompanied by recruiters who provided visitors with military enlistment and benefits information. (PHOTO)
• The Construction and Industrial Technology Division will open its doors to the public this month, during the Advanced Manufacturing and Advanced Technologies Open House. (READ MORE)
• The college is partnering with the Pitt County NCWorks Career Center to help individuals receiving unemployment insurance benefits prepare for finding and landing their next jobs. (READ MORE)
• Student veterans and military supporters are making sure everyone on campus sees red on Fridays, but the goal isn’t to make fellow students and college employees angry. (READ MORE)
• The PCC Center for Student Activities is seeking runners for the 2015 Bulldog Run, a fundraising 5K race and one-mile fun run/walk scheduled to take place on campus April 12. (READ MORE)
• Three Eastern North Carolina high school students are moving on to a national chemistry competition this month after performing well during the N.C. Regional Chemistry Olympiad hosted by the PCC Science Department. (READ MORE)
• A trio of PCC instructors joined more than 60 of their counterparts from around the country in Elizabethton, Tenn., in March for the National Coalition of Certification Centers Train-the-Trainer Conference. (READ MORE)
• PCC administrators joined representatives from area community colleges at East Carolina University March 24 for a press conference regarding an economic impact study conducted by Economic Modeling Specialists International during the 2012-13 fiscal year. (PHOTO GALLERY)
• The PCC Alumni Association is providing an avenue for people in the community to honor friends and family members by purchasing a custom brick in the patio and gardens that surround the college’s new clock tower. (READ MORE)
• Every Tuesday, PCC employees and students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their PCC royal blue. We call it "Turn It Blue Tuesday." (FACEBOOK PHOTO GALLERY)
• We are proud of our current students and graduates and love sharing their stories of success. If you are a PCC student or alum and have a success story you would like to share, please email Rob Goldberg, PCC communications director, so we can be sure to include you on our "Creating Success" web page.
Upcoming Events ...
• April 9 - Spring Fling
• April 12 - Bulldog Run
• April 14 - CIT Division Open House
• April 16 - Registration Begins
• April 16 - Earth Day
• April 20 - Goess Center Expansion Open House
• Be sure to watch "PCC Outreach with Ernis Lee" Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on Cable Channel 23.
Softball to Host Region X Championship
WINTERVILLE—For the first time since 2010, Pitt Community College will host the Region X Conference Softball Championship.
The tournament will take place April 24-26 at Winterville Recreation Park on Sylvania Street. While the teams must still be determined, the first game is set for 11 a.m.
In addition to PCC (15-7 overall, 4-2 Region X), teams from Spartanburg Methodist College, USC-Sumter, Louisburg College, USC-Salkehatchie and Harford Community College will compete for the 2015 Region X title.
Upcoming Home Athletic Events ...
• April 9 - Volleyball Tryout
• April 11-12 - Softball vs USC-Sumter
• April 11-12 - Baseball vs. Guilford Tech
• April 18 - Basketball Tryout
• April 22 - Baseball vs. Lenoir Community College
• April 24-26 - Region X Conference Softball Tournament at PCC
• April 25 - Cheerleader Tryout
• April 25 - Baseball vs. Thomas Nelson Community College
• April 29 - Baseball vs. Brunswick Community College